eCo Financial Technology Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is eCo Financial Technology Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08759888 and have our registered office at 15 Burgos Grove, London, SE10 8LL. Our main trading address is Three Tuns House, 109 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1NL.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, use the eCo CodeStore, search for a product, post material, request further services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, complete a survey and/or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, organisation and position within that organisation. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect certain technical information (this is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual), as well as certain information about your visit to our site (including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information).
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide from time to time. We may also receive information about you from third parties if you use any websites or social media platforms operated by third parties (for example, LinkedIn) and, if such functionality is available, you have chosen to link your profile on our site with your profile on those other websites or social media platforms. Any data received from such other sources may be combined with data collected on our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about us, to send you newsletters and to invite you to events organised by us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties, including other registered users of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if eCo Financial Technology Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets; and
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies are used to track, save and store information about your visits to a website and help website owners understand how the site is being used in order to improve it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.